Health Care Without Harm seeks a communications consultant to join its Global Team throughout 2023, from May to December. The candidate will work with the communications team on different deliverables and projects as requested by the global programs, and will collaborate in the project management and amplification of other deliverables.
We are looking for a passionate communicator with an eye for detail and branding that is able to work under tight deadlines with short turnaround times. The candidate should have excellent written and oral English and Spanish communication skills; previous experience working in the NGO or non-profit sectors is a plus.
- Project management: works with the global communications team to manage projects, reports, and products developed by the global team. Activities involve but are not limited to working with translators and designers, keeping track of expenses, invoices, payments, and quotations from different providers, and updating and maintaining the trackers and reports as needed.
- Social media: prepares, creates, and collaborates with at least five posts per week for the global team's social media accounts. Creates and edits social media cards according to Health Care Without Harm’s brand and style guides. Messages and images must be created in English and Spanish. Keeps track of social media analytics and provides monthly reports.
- Collaborates in the follow-up, edition, and review for final sign-off of the different products and projects associated with the Climate Impact tool, its online course in Spanish and English, and updates on the tool’s webpages.
- Collaborates in producing bespoke materials for the regional launches of the online course, as needed by regional communications leads.
- Collaborates in producing and disseminating communication materials and deliverables for projects with the international climate team. Collaborates in reviewing the final report and writes articles for the website (both in Spanish and English) in coordination with the program and communications leads.
- Works with the international climate and the global communication teams to update content on the websites.
- Collaborates in producing and disseminating communication materials and deliverables for projects with the sustainability team.
- Creates and moderates at least two weekly posts on GGHH Connect in coordination with the global team’s program leads. Posts are produced and moderated both in English and Spanish.
- Engages with Health Care Without Harm team members and participates in calls to advance and report on deliverables.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Passionate about communications, with an eye for detail and branding, be able to work under tight deadlines with short turnaround times.
- At least three years' experience in communications, preferably in the NGO or non-profit sectors.
- A BA or BS degree in Communications/Marketing or related fields. Combined experience/education can be used as a substitute for minimum education.
- Excellent written and oral English and Spanish communication skills.
- Independent: ability to work virtually and independently along with managing time and tasks are essential.
- Knowledge and experience with the following programs and platforms are required: WordPress or Drupal, Microsoft Office, Canva, and Hootsuite.
- Experience with the following programs and platforms is preferred: Adobe InDesign, Adobe Premiere or similar software, Mailchimp.
What’s in it for you?
- Work for an organization where the mission is inspiring, and your colleagues are passionate and motivated.
- Work with staff that care deeply for the mission and the network of people carrying out that mission.
- Play a role in helping drive growth, influence impact, and advance efforts to create a more sustainable health care sector and community.
- Be part of an inspirational eclectic network.
To apply or inquire
Please send a cover letter and resume, in English, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates will be contacted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Deadline submission is April 3, 2023.
This position is fully remote. Interested in learning more? Apply today!