The first quarter of 2017 has been an exciting and productive one for Global Green and Healthy Hospitals (GGHH). In the first four months of the year we have surpassed our membership target for the entire year, and an important milestone in the growth of the network: GGHH members representing over 25,000 hospitals and health centers around the globe.
While hospitals and health systems from every continent continue to join GGHH, much of the recent growth comes from a new partnership with the Public Health Foundation of India (PHFI) and the creation of the Health and Environment Leadership Platform (HELP).
Launched in February of this year, HELP engages hospitals, health centers, and health systems around India to form a concerted voice for environmental sustainability in the sector and demonstrate leadership to address the impacts of environmental risk factors for ill health. Nineteen institutions, representing over 3,000 hospitals and health centers are participating in HELP, all of whom make up the newest cohort of GGHH members.
The continued growth of GGHH signifies both the rising interest of hospitals, health systems, and health organization around the globe in reducing their impacts on environmental and public health, as well as the collective power and voice of the health sector to act as a catalyst for transformative change. We are thrilled to be working with PHFI and all of our other members as we move forward in this work together.
We welcome our new members from India!
- PSG -Institute of Medical Sciences & Research (representing 1 hospital)
- Environment and Child Health of CIAP
- National Neonatology Forum of India (NNF)
- National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Healthcare Providers (NABH)
- Association of Healthcare Providers (AHPI)
- National Board of Examination (NBE)
- Delhi Medical Association
- Bhagat Hospitals
- Council on Energy Environment and Water (CEEW)
- Cancer Institute Chennai (representing 1 hospital)
- Associations of National Board Accredited Institutions (ANBAI)
- Lal Path labs limited
- Consortium of Accredited Healthcare Organizations (CAHO)
- Catholic Health Association of India (CHAI) (representing 2,925 health centers)
- Aravind Eye Care System (representing 10 hospitals)
- Apollo Hospitals (representing 40 hospitals)
- NATHEALTH (representing 21 hospitals and 12 health centers)
- Indian Academy of Pediatrics
- Global Association of Physicians of India Origin (GAPIO)
See our full members list here.
Learn how GGHH members are creating climate smart health care
GGHH members are using their innovation, ingenuity, and investments to transform the health sector and foster a healthy future for people and the planet. To learn about the accomplishments and successful projects, check out our Case Studies library.