The 2017 Green Hospitals Asia Conference will take place in Taipei, Taiwan on October 20 and 21, 2017. The conference will bring together health systems, health organizations, and hospitals from across the region to tackle the role of health care in addressing environmental and public health issues.
The conference will gather participants from across the region and focus on how the health sector can lessen its carbon footprint through sustainability measures in the following areas: Leadership, Energy, Pharmaceuticals, and Procurement.
This year’s conference will be organized in partnership with the Health Promotion Administration of Taiwan’s Ministry of Health and Welfare, the Taiwan Society of Health Promoting Hospitals, and Buddhist Tzu Chi Medical Foundation.
Health Care The Conference’s theme “Fostering Low-Carbon Health Care” expands on previous years’ focus, challenging the health sector to take a leadership role in addressing the public health impacts of climate change.
Working with government and intergovernmental agencies, GGHH promotes the transformation of hospitals and health centers into low-carbon facilities. This year’s conference will highlight how to achieve this through green procurement, safer chemicals, and investing in renewable energy.
The conference aims to provide participants:
- Knowledge of best practices in health care based on the ten achievable goals of the Global Green and Healthy Hospitals Agenda
- Access to online platforms, tools, and resources
- Information on GGHH Challenges on Energy and Waste
- Opportunity to network with experts and hospitals practicing and advocating the GGHH Agenda
The conference will gather participants from:
- Governments and Intergovernmental bodies
- Health Care Facilities, Hospitals and Health Care Systems
- Health Promoting Hospitals network
- Professional Organizations Civil Society
- Other interested stakeholder organizations and individuals
Topics range from climate –adaptation, mitigation and resilience and health care leadership. Among the ten GGHH Agenda, priority and focus will be given on Leadership, Energy, Purchasing and Chemicals.
Experts will be coming from Taiwan, USA, India, Philippines, Germany, Malaysia and China.
October 19, Thursday
- Global Green and Healthy Hospitals members and potential members’ meeting
October 20, Friday
- Health Promotion Administration and Taiwan Society of Health Promoting Hospitals to open event
- Plenary Session on Procurement, Pharmaceuticals
- Parallel Workshops on GGHH Goals
October 21, Saturday
- Hospital Tour – Taipei Tzu Chi Hospital
- Plenary Session on Energy and Leadership
- Parallel Workshops on GGHH Goals Introduction of GGHH Challenges on Energy and Waste
New conference logo
This year, the Conference launches a new logo that reflects GGHH’s vision of building a community of green and healthy hospitals and health systems that openly collaborate and share experiences with one another. Inspired by Asia’s diverse cultures, the logo represents how exchanges between hospitals across the region enrich the global environmental health movement.
Faye Ferrer, Coordinator, Global Green and Healthy Hospitals: firstname.lastname@example.org