International Sustainability Director
The International Sustainability Director will oversee and lead the strategic evolution of an integrated global program on sustainable procurement, health care waste management and other elements of sustainable health care. They will work in close collaboration with the leadership of the global climate program, as well as with other global directors, Health Care Without Harm's offices and partners around the world to assure alignment and synergy. They will bring and apply strong international program management skills, together with an equally strong understanding of international dynamics related to sustainable development, health equity and justice to the job, while providing thought leadership on the issues and representing Health Care Without Harm's with key allies and global institutions.
- Oversee and lead the strategic evolution of an integrated global program on sustainable procurement, health care waste management and other elements of sustainable and/or circular health care.
- Responsible for program development, planning, management, budgeting and implementation. Requires close collaboration with all Health Care Without Harm offices, partner organizations and other leaders in the organization’s Global Secretariat, as well as collaboration with partners in UN agencies and major health systems around the world.
- Provide thought leadership on all programmatic aspects related to environmentally sustainable health care, while representing the organization in relationships with key allies and global institutions.
India Projects Manager
Health Care Without Harm and its partners in India have been working collaboratively for several years to engage the Indian health sector to be an active and persuasive voice on the need to protect public health from air pollution and climate change by transitioning to clean and healthy energy and more sustainable, low carbon, climate resilient health systems.
The India Projects Manager is responsible for all aspects of administration and coordination of Health Care Without Harm’s growing portfolio of work in India. Working Health Care Without Harm's partners in India, as well as Health Care Without Harm's staff around the world, the India Projects Manager will facilitate the effective implementation of Health Care Without Harm's India program plan, which aims to scale up health sector engagement on air pollution, climate change, and sustainable procurement via Health Care Without Harm's Indian partner organizations and the Indian arm of Health Care Without Harm's Global Green and Healthy Hospitals Network - the HELP network. The India Projects Manager will provide support for programmatic and financial reporting to funders and Health Care Without Harm's management. They will also provide communications support, while supporting and implementing Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) processes.
- Administration and project management (60%): Working closely with Health Care Without Harm's staff and India partners, manage and coordinate HCWH’s India program’s funder reporting, budgeting, contracting, team/partner coordination (facilitation of regular internal team communications), proposal development, internal and external MEL processes, event and travel planning, and other duties as required.
- Program and communications support (40%): Support Health Care Without Harm's staff and India partners to advance program objectives, by assessing progress in meeting deliverables, facilitating strategic planning and evaluation, identifying and helping to resolve challenges. Engage in relationship management, as well as external and internal program updates to a variety of audiences.